10.21.2008

The Room

Here are a few pictures of Ellie's room. I knew I didn't want anything babyish for her room, but it took me forever to find what I wanted! I knew I was looking for a modern, large scale floral print in bright colors - I finally found it!


The striped and floral fabric are Michael Miller designs that I fell in love with.



Mimi (Greg's mom) ordered the fabric for us as a shower gift and we finally found the time to use it!

Grammie (my mom) came over to help me make the bedskirt and the curtains.
I wanted the bedskirt to reach almost to the floor in the highest mattress position, so I added a second layer in a solid turquoise underneath the floral.

I made two throw pillows for the guest bed (which is in her room). I put little elephants
(Ellie-phants) with floppy ears on them. They're so cute!



Aunt Melissa gave us her glider, and I recovered it in chocolate brown corduroy and the stripe.




It was kind of difficult, but I'm really proud of it! I've never recovered anything and I did it myself! I just wish I had a before pic!


I still need to make the diaper stacker and make a cushion for the toybox, but that's all that's left. Hopefully I'll get to do that soon!




This is the paper mosaic that I did last spring - it's hanging above her crib.



It's called "Ellie's Garden"





Thanks Mimi and Grammie! We love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you did applique!
    Looks good. I love the elephant.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete